[vpn-help] Tunnel established with zywall5 only if i active check ipsec tunnel

Vincenzo Lucarini lucarini at ophisoft.it
Wed Dec 18 07:01:03 CST 2013

Hello,
     after several hours of trying, i was able to ping the tunnel from my
network to remote pc, using your vpn client. I obtain this only flagging the
zywall 5 option "check ipsec tunnel connectivity" inside network policy,
otherwise i was only able to create tunnel but pinging from my pc to remote
pc does not work.

In your zyxel guide this is not mentioned, so it is normal? Any manner to
unflag the "check connectivity" option? I have problem to establish the
tunnel if i use dynamic adress in the zyxel. In this case i cannot check
connectivity and so i cannot ping.

Is it a problem of nat traversal?

Regards
Chech