[vpn-help] Cisco VPN

Jim Harle vpn at technicolor.com
Tue Jul 30 14:52:45 CDT 2013

The "latest" (still two years old) Cisco 64-bit client is 5.0.07.0440, and can be download from here http://www.asc.edu/downloads/CiscoVPN/Windows/, not that it will change anything, but it's the version I was testing with under Windows 8 x64.  My main complaint with the Cisco client, is it sets the MTU to 1300 on all of your adapters, not just its own virtual one.  The Shrew client uses a 1380 MTU (by default) for only its virtual adapter.  Not that this has anything to do with your problem.

What type of device are you connecting through for Internet?  I don't think the iked.log came through on your original post - I'd like to see it.

In about a week I'll have a Cisco ASA gateway set up in a lab environment - perhaps you could try connecting to it after it's provisioned, just to see if you experience the same symptoms with a different gateway.

-Jim