[vpn-help] IKE Servcie crashing or noresponsive after computer sleeps

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Wed Jul 31 16:32:42 CDT 2013

I've had this happen intermittently in the past, but I believe it's less
common with the recent releases.

When we were using shrew a few years ago at a previous job, one of my
Windows wonk IT guys wrote this drop dead simple .bat file to clear the
condition. I've kept it on my desktop and just hit it whenever I
experience issues:

net stop ipsecd
net stop iked
net start iked
net start ipsecd

But again, it seems to happen less often with the newer builds, I believe.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com