[vpn-help] v 2.2.1 does not work on Ubuntu 12.10

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Jun 11 12:55:39 CDT 2013

On 6/11/2013 12:44 PM, Robert Grasso wrote:
> Definitely yes

Can you please compare all the settings on both hosts using the ikea and
look for any differences in the configuration? There may have been a
problem with the config version upgrade process somewhere along the way.
If nothing is obviously wrong, can you please run a debug level trace
while connecting from both the working and non-working systems, then
send the output to me in a private email? I will take a look and see if
I can grok any info that may be useful.

A few other points of interest ...

1) did you check the rp_filter sysctl settings on the new host?
2) do both systems use DHCP over IPsec, or do they use static IPs?
3) have you tried fiddling with the policy generation level?