[vpn-help] Documentation/Help

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Sun Jun 23 20:51:57 CDT 2013

In the main VPN Access Manager, under the 'Edit' menu, in addition to
the 'add', 'delete', 'rename', and 'properties' items, there's an item
called "Public". Selecting it puts a checkmark next to it when you drop
down the menu again. Problem is - I've no idea what 'Public" means in
this context.  I went to the 'Help' menu, and searched and browsed
through the docs - but no mention of it (All the search pages show a
'Copyright 2011', so I suspect they're quite a bit out of date).  I went
to the webpage 'support' pages, and reviewed client documentation there
- but it all shows a 'Copyright 2010', so they're even more out of date
I guess.

So - what does "Public" mean here?

As a side note, I just set up a strongSwan gateway instance in an AWS
VPC, and thanks to both the debug output in strongSwan and their
documenation, and the VPN Trace utility in Shrew, I was able to
successfully configure an IPSEC Mutual PSK + XAuth session, that I have
up right now, running like a champ. Woohoo! I'll write up wiki howto
when I get a chance.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com