[vpn-help] Issues on Win8 x64

Jeff Mitchell jeffm at coriumintl.com
Sat Mar 2 16:48:12 CST 2013

My apologies if this has already been answered.  A search of the
archives didn't turn up anything that looked like this issue.  I'm
administering a Watchguard Firebox XTM 510, and we have been using the
MuVPN client for years.

I'm exploring the Shrew Soft client (2.2.0), and it works beautifully on
my laptop (Win7, 32-bit).

I have the same client with the same settings (a .vpn file exported from
the Watchguard management software, not the Web UI) installed on Win8,
64-bit.  This client will tell me that the tunnel is enabled, but pings
don't make it to the remote network.  This behavior is consistent with
the latest stable version of the client (2.1.7)

Rather than send overly large attachments and clog the list, I wanted to
get the issue out there to see if there's a known fix, or to find out
what log files would be helpful.  If anyone could point me in the right
direction or let me know what information to provide (I can also test
Win7, 64-bit if that helps), I would greatly appreciate it.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail transmission, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual

or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under

applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution

or use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly PROHIBITED.