[vpn-help] . Windows 8 - Shrew to Juniper connection - SA failed (James Minard)

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu May 9 20:27:47 CDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 03:41 PM, James Minard wrote:
> Further followup on this today revealed that it's not just a Windows
> 8 issue with the 2.2.0 client. I had a Windows 7 machine that
> exhibited the same behavior. I downgraded that one to 2.1.7 and it
> worked fine. I guess my next step is going to be to load the 2.2.0
> client on my Windows 7 PC and play around with some of the settings,
> unless anyone knows offhand why this would be occurring. One thing I
> did notice is that my 2.1.7 client connections with NAT-T / IKE |
> ESP, but the 2.2.0 client says NAT-T v2 /IKE | ESP

Hi James,

I just wrote back to your first message, then when I refreshed I saw
this one.

IKEv2 could be a cause of the problem. It's an interesting piece to
explore anyway.

In addition to the bug report (Shrew logs) that I requested before, can
you provide a log from a Shrew 2.1.7 installation that's working?