[vpn-help] VPN connection to NetASQ V9 with certificates

J Greenhouse J_Greenhouse at hotmail.com
Wed May 8 09:12:02 CDT 2013

I've currently set up a VPN connection to a NetASQ running v9.

V9 supports "mode config , DHCP" and connections from IPHone. (Hybrid or
Certificate/Xauth authentication)
The way to setup the VPN client is a bit different then it was in v8 (guide
on Shrew soft website). I've already found out how to connect using the
client , yet I have a small usability question.

The users first have to provide their domain authentication, after that they
also have to provide the password to unlock the .p12 (Server Certificate
Authority File) file needed to connect.

The official VPN client of NetASQ actually remembers the password for the
certificate the file time you connect. I would like the same behavior in de
Shrew soft client.
Can this be done? Or can I convert the p12 to some other format that doesn't
require the added security?

Best Regards,

Jochen