[vpn-help] New 2.2.1 RC-2 Available ...

C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de
Fri May 24 06:39:58 CDT 2013

Hi Matthew,

Tested the RC against Juniper SSG 6.3.0r13 with SHA-2 (256 bit) with success. Since r7 Juniper changed to RFC4868, and the 2.2.0 did not work (encrypted packets discarded by SSG for obvious reasons).
Thanks for the great work!

BTW, for use as Professional "Enterprise" Edition I would definitely need a routable network device, no virtual one. And multiple connections or multiple clients. I would be sooooo happy to replace the Cisco VPN Client used on a Windows OS Router to allow for centralized dial-in to customers ...
I know this will not happen in the near feature, but hope is the last (thing) to die :D.

Clemens Hoffmann

-----Original Message-----
From: vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net [mailto:vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net] On Behalf Of Matthew Grooms
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:37 AM
To: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Subject: [vpn-help] New 2.2.1 RC-2 Available ...

All,

I just uploaded a new 2.2.1 release candidate to the site. This build is
the first release that includes both the standard and professional
editions for Windows. It also includes fixes to bring our SHA2 HMAC
support in line with the RFC4868 spec on Windows platforms. Thanks to
Mark Larwill from WatchGuard for the bug report and testing.