[vpn-help] New 2.2.1 RC-2 Available ...

Jernej Simončič jernej's-shrew at eternallybored.org
Fri May 24 15:06:58 CDT 2013

On Friday, May 24, 2013, 19:59:53, C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de wrote:

> I would need to have a visible, dedicated NIC for Shrew (even better, one for each connection).
> I then apply static routes in Windows 2003 (or 2008) RRAS to that
> NIC. That allows *any* PC on my network to use the connection, once
> established, as if it were a VPN routing device.

Shrew already has a virtual NIC (look in Device Manager - you should
see Shrew Soft Virtual Adapter there), and you can configure it with
the route command (I've got a batch file for one connection which
changes the route, since the remote network uses same subnet as my
local network, and I only need access to a single IP there).

Note that IPSec connections typically don't allow adding routes (the
local/remote subnet are part of the Phase 2 negotiation, and must
match on both sides for the connection to be established
successfully). While I haven't tried this with a roadwarrior
connection (the type Shrew establishes), I did have to configure a
site-to-site IPSec connection where both sites had multiple subnets,
and this required me to configure several Phase 2 entries on both
sides to work.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

The wider any culture is spread, the thinner it gets.
       -- Law of Raspberry Jam