[vpn-help] Phase 2 failing with Juniper SSG140

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Nov 14 21:46:06 CST 2013

On 08/14/2013 03:22 PM, Drew Majewski wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>

> Sorry for the late response but I just double checked and tried all of the
> Phase 2 settings but I get the same result:
>
> Here are the Phase 2 proposals that I use:
>                  nopfs-esp-3des-md5
>                  nopfs-esp-3des-sha
>                  nopfs-esp-aes128-sha
>                  nopfs-esp-aes128-md5
>
> In the Shrew 2.2.0 client I test with I tried a few different combination
> of options but none of them work:
>
>                  Transform Algorithm: esp-3des
>                  HMAC Algorithm: sha1
>                  PFS Exchange: disabled
>
>                  Transform Algorithm: esp-3des
>                  HMAC Algorithm: md5
>                  PFS Exchange: disabled
>
>                  Transform Algorithm: esp-aes
>                  Transform Key Length: 128
>                  HMAC Algorithm: sha1
>                  PFS Exchange: disabled
>
>                  Transform Algorithm: esp-aes
>                  Transform Key Length: 128
>                  HMAC Algorithm: md5
>                  PFS Exchange: disabled
>
> On all of the tests above I get the same issue.  Shrew connects, tunnel
> enables, grabs VPN IP, can't ping anything and then Shrew just disconnects
> and logs in Juniper about Phase 2.
>
>                  2013-08-14 15:08:54        info        IKE x.x.x.x Phase 2
> msg ID 61aceddd: Negotiations have failed.
>
>                  2013-08-14 15:08:54        info        IKE x.x.x.x Phase 2
> msg ID 61aceddd: Negotiations have failed for user *****.

Hi Drew,

I'm very sorry for the late response, I've been away for a while.

Are you still having this issue?  If so, can you provide the complete
Juniper logs (all the IKE, Phase 1 and Phase 2 entries) as well as a
debug trace from Shrew?

Debug trace instructions:
https://www.shrew.net/support/VPN_Bug_Report_Windows