[vpn-help] Client 2.2.1, Linux 64bit to FritzBox: phase1 fails, negotiation timout occurred

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Mon Nov 18 20:55:26 CST 2013

On 09/04/2013 11:06 AM, F. Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 04.09.2013 16:19, schrieb Alexis La Goutte:
>
>> Do you have check the logs of FritzBox ?
>
> sadly, i don't have access to the system log files of the FritzBox.
> There's only a "event list" which doesn't show any information about
> unsuccessful connect attempts, only successful ones. I've already sent a
> request to the FritzBox manufacturer how to get debug information in
> such a case.

Hi Florian,

Since you can't see the FritzBox info, try running a packet sniffer
(like Wireshark or tcpdump) on your client machine to see if there's
packets being returned from the FritzBox.

If there are packets being returned, your problem may be that there is
something blocking or intercepting the packets before they can get to
Shrew, like ipsec-tools or racoon daemons.