[vpn-help] How to stop VPN disconnecting RDP

C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de
Fri Oct 4 05:21:01 CDT 2013

Hi Neal,

if I understand correctly, you are connecting from the same network to the same device, and the *VPN Connection* breaks with the second connection. It is not related to RDP, no communication including PING will work.

That is an issue with NAT-T probably, or the VPN device you connect to is not capable of keeping the tunnels separated if they arrive from the same public IP. For NAT-T, make sure it is enabled in the ShrewSoft VPN Client options (tab "Client"), and is negotiated (visible in the Trace utility).

Clemens Hoffmann

From: vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net [mailto:vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net] On Behalf Of Neal King
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 12:18 PM
To: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Subject: [vpn-help] How to stop VPN disconnecting RDP

I have a problem with multiple machines on the inside of a network that use VPN Client to make connections to a remote system. When you make a tunnel and log in to an RDP session on the first machine it works as expected. When you create a tunnel on the second machine to the same remote system (using different VPN credentials) it seems to disconnect the first machines RDP session.

Is there a setting in the VPN software that I should be setting to stop other tunnels that are being made affecting the other machines?

Thanks