[vpn-help] Shrew-disconnect not reported

Richter, Dominic Dominic.Richter at turck.com
Tue Oct 29 04:27:44 CDT 2013

Hi everybody,

we got a problem with shrew in our company: our field staff is connected to our servers with shrew, no problems so far.
But when the connection is lost, e.g. through a bad connection, shrew still shows the tunnel as connected while our staff can't reach the server. Furthermore, if the connection is lost about 2 minutes shrew is unable to reconnect the tunnel, but still seems to be connected (tested with ping server -t).
Is there a solution that shrew reports to our field staff immediatly when their connection is lost?

Best regards

Dominic Richter

Absender dieser E-Mail ist die Hans Turck GmbH & Co. KG mit Sitz in M?lheim an der Ruhr. Registergericht: Duisburg, Registernummer: HRA 8539; Pers?nlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Hans Turck Verwaltungs-GmbH, Registergericht Duisburg, Registernummer: HRB 14382; Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Ulrich Turck, Christian Wolf; Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE120353803