[vpn-help] Failure to connect to available network

Alex Monfasani alexm at 3phasecomputing.com
Wed Sep 4 18:51:43 CDT 2013

I installed the latest version vpn 2.2 and I am using it on a Windows 8
computer.  I was able to connect to a site.  It is listed as "tunnel
enabled".  When I attempt to use Remote Desktop Connection, I cannot
connect to any available IP address on that network.  Using tracert <IP
address> on command line times out and provides no information.

Are there any Windows 8 configuration issues that I should be aware of?
Are there any intermediary steps required to connect with the vpn?
Are there any advanced troubleshooting techniques?

I would appreciate any advice.  So for I have not been able to use this
software to connect to another network.