[vpn-help] BSOD on Windows 8 Enterprise x64

Hunter, Mathew Mathew.Hunter at perkinswill.com
Tue Sep 24 19:49:37 CDT 2013

I appear to be seeing a repeating blue screen on an HP z400 workstation that uses the shrewsoft vpn client v2.2.2 on Windows 8 Enterprise x64.  The minidumps blame vfilter.sys

Attached is the minidump as translated by windbg with standard MS symbols.

I've seen 2 bsod's in 1 day so far so I'll be removing the client for now.  If you want any more info let me know.

Thanks,

Mathew Hunter CCNA, MCITP-ET

IT Infrastructure Site Lead
1220 Homer St., Vancouver, BC V6B 2Y5
t: 604.484.1030    f: 604.684.5447    e: Mathew.Hunter at perkinswill.com<mailto:Mathew.Hunter at perkinswill.com>
www.perkinswill.ca<http://www.perkinswill.ca/> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ideasandbuildings> | Twitter<http://www.perkinswill.com/pages/twitter.html>

Perkins+Will Canada.  Ideas + buildings that honour the broader goals of society

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy, or alter this email.