[vpn-help] openSSL Heartbleed Bug

Florian Dille florian.dille at meinestadt.de
Fri Apr 11 03:21:37 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I would like to know, if the Shrew Soft VPN Client ist affected by the
current openSSL Heartbleed Bug.
And If yes, will there be a fix or is there anything else we can do about
it?

The release notes of Version 2.2.0 show, that in 2012 there was an update
to openSSL 1.0.1c which is as far as I know vulnerable.
"Update the contrib OpenSSL build to use the latest 1.0.1c version."
The release notes of the following versions 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 did not mention
any further openSSL update.

Especially since the actual fixed Version OpenSSL 1.0.1g was released just
this month.

I would appreciate any Infomation regarding this issue.

Kind regards
Florian