[vpn-help] Connection dropping with Ubuntu 14.04

Jason Lewis jlewis at 2co.com
Fri Aug 1 09:46:08 CDT 2014

Corey,

Thanks for chiming in here; maybe we can find something in common that will help here.  Here's everything I can think of that could affect  this (some of it should have been in my first post...):

*         I'm connecting to a Palo Alto Networks (PAN) device.

*         The client is running on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04.

*         The client is v2.2.1, compiled from source.

*         At work, I have no trouble with it.

*         At home is where it acts up, but only on Linux.  I have no such trouble at home with Windows or Mac.

*         I am connecting through an IPCop firewall at home, but again, the problem only occurs on my Ubuntu system.

*         Disabling rp_filter has no effect.

You mentioned that you stayed with the default settings.  My connection settings were imported from my old Windows system, so they stayed the same, but I did use the default (sample) iked.conf.  I'll have to start playing with that and see if anything changes.  Have you tinkered any with the settings?

Jason Lewis
Systems Administrator - 2Checkout<https://www.2checkout.com/>
jlewis at 2co.com<mailto:jlewis at 2co.com>
1.614.921.2450 x127