[vpn-help] Another user with Phase2 problems?

Hunter, Mathew Mathew.Hunter at perkinswill.com
Tue Dec 16 17:07:33 CST 2014

If your remote client is on a network with the same subnet as the local network you will typically not have vpn access.
Shrewsoft could perhaps handle this differently, but in general what will end up happening is trying to contact a host on the remote side will cause your computer to send out arp broadcasts (it will think it's local) which won't go over vpn thus no response will come back and your connection will die at layer 2.

Try changing the subnet on one of the sides and see if you have IP connectivity.

Mathew Hunter CCNA, MCITP-ET
Global Technology Services Lead
t 604.484.1030  m 604.218.0695
Perkins+Will