[vpn-help] Connection window keeps popping up

Armstrong, Eric Eric.Armstrong at softwareag.com
Fri Feb 7 14:23:25 CST 2014

Using VPN client 2.2.2, which has an automatic-reconnection feature.

That feature is great, but apparently our server is going up and down like
a yo-yo, because the connection window keeps popping up every 3 seconds
or so, which became rather annoying.

I used to have it set to minimize when the connection succeeds, so I turned
that off and reestablished the connection.

Things appear to be good, now. (Earlier, I changed the setting without reconnecting.
That didn't help at all.)

Just wanted to provide a two-fold report:

1.       "Minimize after connecting" does not mean "pop up before connecting".
Auto-reconnect should just do so quietly.

2.       The workaround seems to be to close the connection, modify the
preference, and then re-connect.

thanks for a great product

eric armstrong
Doc Wrangler, Ix/Ux Advocate
AgileApps Live: Dynamic Case Management Solutions in the Cloud
eric.armstrong at softwareag.com<mailto:eric.armstrong at softwareag.com>