[vpn-help] Using Shrewsoft Login Tool With WWAN Connection

Mark S. Binkerd binkerd at glenellyn.org
Mon Jun 30 08:54:37 CDT 2014

Support,

I have the latest professional version of the Shrewsoft client installed
(2.2) on a Windows 8.1 professional tablet which has a GOBI WWAN card
installed using Verizon as the carrier.  My endpoint is a Cisco ASA 5505.  I
can successfully create a VPN tunnel connection between the client and ASA
when I first login to windows and then establish the tunnel.  When I try to
use the Shrewsoft  Credential Provider to do a one step login to the VPN and
domain the process completes successfully and it shows the tunnel
established but I cannot pass traffic through the tunnel.  I do have
connectivity to the public network(split tunnel)  but not the tunnel does
not pass traffic.  If I disconnect and re-establish the tunnel I can then
pass traffic over the VPN tunnel.  If I turn off the WWAN and turn on WIFI
the Shrewsoft Credential Provider works correctly and I can pass traffic
through the VPN tunnel.  Any suggestions?