[vpn-help] VPN help with ZyXel USG20W

Louis Au lau07 at ymail.com
Wed May 14 18:14:10 CDT 2014

Hi,

I just wondering if anyone has any experience to get Shrew VPN client working with ZyXel USG20W.  I notice that there is another post for ZyXel USG already.  I had followed the instructions step-by-step very carefully, however I get an error that said "Invalid message from gateway".  The only different I can tell is that my ZyXel is model USG20W, but the one posted is USG300.  The screen look identical. So, it must be something specific about this USG20W.  I tried to use other VPN client too, and I got the same error, it seems like ZyXel send back some invalid command back during the phase 2 authication process.

I have attached the screenshoot from the ZyXel log file and the Shrew VPN client screen.  Any help is appreicated.

Thanks,
Louis

lau07 at ymail.com