[vpn-help] ShrewSoft and NCP Juniper

C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de
Thu Mar 26 12:09:52 CDT 2015

Hi Rachael,

Having multiple VPN clients installed is always an issue. It often works, but you cannot bet on that.
Your choices are to stay with Shrew only, or convert your license to a full NCP client one. Or use  a VM for one of both.

Best Regards,
Clemens Hoffmann

From: vpn-help [mailto:vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net] On Behalf Of Rachael Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:44 PM
To: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Subject: [vpn-help] ShrewSoft and NCP Juniper

Hello,

On my Windows 7 x64 machine, I need to have both NCP Secure Client - Juniper Edition (V 9.32 build 218) installed along with ShrewSoft 2.2.2.  I installed NCP, confirmed functionality, then installed ShrewSoft.  ShrewSoft works, but seems to break NCP.  When trying to connect with NCP, I get “VPN error - VPN gateway not responding (waiting for Msg 2)”.  I uninstalled both, reinstall NCP, everything works again.  I installed ShrewSoft again and NCP breaks.  Is this a known incompatibility?  Can it be fixed?

Thanks,

-- Rachael