[vpn-help] Using Windows installer VPN profile on Linux

Sotires Eleftheriou sotires at gmail.com
Sat May 9 11:12:49 CDT 2015

A company I work with has given me the Shrewsoft profile to connect to the
company VPN in the form of a Windows installer file .msi
When I open it on a Windows PC with Shrewsoft installed, it sets up a
profile to connect to the company VPN and works fine.

Is there any way of using it to create a profile on my workhorse Linux
(Ubuntu) machine?
I have installed the Shrewsoft VPN access manager on the Linux machine and
have tried entering the profile by hand. But of course I cannot enter the
client pre-shared key.

I have tried to do this using Wine, but it doesn't work.

Any other ideas anybody? Maybe copy one of the files from the Windows
machine ?
Thanks.