[vpn-help] Use a virtual adapter and random address not randomizing

Dominik Heine dominikheine at gmx.de
Tue May 12 03:07:47 CDT 2015

Hi!

I setup the ShrewSoft VPN client Version 2.2.2 to "Use a virtual adapter and
random address" but I have the problem that the client obviously does not
randomize the used IP address but instead uses the one that is standing
there default 198.18.0.0 (which isn't an IP address but a network).

I tested this with Windows 7 64-Bit and Windows 8 64-Bit - same behaviour.

Am I doing something wrong or is this indeed a bug?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers

Dominik