[vpn-help] VPN tunnel is up but can't ping internal network

Alexandru Duzsardi Alexandru.Duzsardi at kontrax.bg
Thu May 21 03:23:26 CDT 2015

Hello,
I'm trying to change our Cisco vpn clients with Shrew , as many of you know that there are some issues with Cisco's VPN client and windows 8(.1)
I've already tried everything that I could find on the net but it did not solve the issue.

So back to the problem in hand , I've imported the vpn profile from cisco client in shrew , it sets up the tunnel but I can't ping any IP from the internal network(s) at our office.
We are using a Cisco IOS Software, C1700 Software (C1700-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(6)XT2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) router as our VPN concentrator
I can post the relevant parts of the IPSec configuration if needed

This is the client profile for now

n:version:4
n:network-ike-port:500
n:network-mtu-size:1380
s:client-auto-mode:pull
s:client-iface:virtual
n:client-addr-auto:1
n:network-natt-port:4500
n:network-natt-rate:15
s:network-frag-mode:disable
n:network-frag-size:540
n:network-dpd-enable:1
n:network-notify-enable:1
n:client-banner-enable:1
s:ident-server-type:any
s:phase1-exchange:aggressive
s:phase1-cipher:auto
s:phase1-hash:auto
n:phase1-dhgroup:2
n:phase1-life-secs:86400
s:phase2-transform:auto
s:phase2-hmac:auto
n:phase2-pfsgroup:0
s:ipcomp-transform:disabled
n:client-dns-used:1
n:client-dns-auto:1
n:client-dns-suffix-auto:1
n:client-splitdns-used:1
n:client-splitdns-auto:1
n:client-wins-used:1
n:client-wins-auto:1
n:phase2-life-secs:3600
n:phase2-life-kbytes:0
n:policy-nailed:0
n:policy-list-auto:1
s:network-host:x.x.x.x (Public IP of the router)
s:auth-method:mutual-psk-xauth
s:ident-client-type:keyid
s:ident-client-data:Work
b:auth-mutual-psk:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Pre Shared Key)
s:client-saved-username:imicev
s:network-natt-mode:enable

If needed I will post the relevant parts of the router too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!