[vpn-help] RDS Install

Bil Click bclick at courtLogic.com
Thu Oct 1 08:50:32 CDT 2015

We have 9 cloud based Windows servers at a hosting company, with RDS Server installed with MS license. We use SS VPN to connect to the cloud network, then use RDS to work on the servers.  That part works fine.

I have trouble with my VPN dropping frequently, but I don’t think it is RDS related.

From: vpn-help [mailto:vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net] On Behalf Of Alexis La Goutte
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2015 9:35 AM
To: Michael Humphries <mhumphries at wilbergroup.com>
Cc: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Subject: Re: [vpn-help] RDS Install

Hi Michael,

I have never try to use IPsec VPN connection on RDS server (and i think it is no a good idea...)

Do you have try ?

Regards,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Michael Humphries <mhumphries at wilbergroup.com <mailto:mhumphries at wilbergroup.com> > wrote:

I have several users that will be needing to user Shrew to connect to a VPN connection.  They are on Remote Desktop Services (RDS) server.  has anyone had any problems with this type of install?  How does licensing work with an RDS install?

Michael J Humphries

The Wilber Group <http://www.wilbergroup.com/>

Server and Network Administrator

800-313-5169 Ext 225