[vpn-help] problem with Shrew soft VPN client for Windows10

Jeff Prideaux jprideaux at snapdiagnostics.com
Thu Aug 18 16:37:10 CDT 2016

I'm successfully using Shrew Soft VPN Client on a 64-bit Windows7 computer
to connect to our web-hosting company's network.

I just got a new 64-bit Windows10 computer and cannot get the Shrew Soft VPN
Client to make the connection.

I always get "negotiation timeout occurred" after the "bringing up tunnel ."
line.

In comparing differences between the successful Windows7 and unsuccessful
Windows10 attempts I captured the information logs using Shrew Trace for
each as well as noticed that the Shrew Soft Virtual Adaptor shows up in my
Windows7 Device Manager where as it does not show up in my Windows10 Device
manager.  See the attached Excel file.  I'm using Shrew soft VPN Client
2.2.2 standard edition on both systems.

Can you provide any recommendations on actions to try to get things working
for my Windows10 computer?

The Windows7 is Pro,  the Windows10 is home.

I will be happy to provide additional information if needed.

Jeff Prideaux