[vpn-help] Shrew VPN Client Pro always asks for activation of the license key also after successful activation

HERRE Patent info at herre.at
Mon Feb 15 05:12:04 CST 2016

Dear Shrew Soft VPN users,

after a couple of months, I was in the need to use my registered copy of Shrew VPN Client Pro again. In the mean time, I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 and re-installed the Shrew VPN Client. After entering the license key, I got a message that the Shrew VPN Client Pro has been successfully activated. After clicking on OK, the application terminated which appears to be fine.

However, after starting the Shrew VPN Client Pro again, the same message of requiring activation came again. The same situation applies when explicitly starting the application under administrator privileges, e.g. by logging in as administrator (other user account) or using the right-click mouse function to manually run an application under administrator privileges. The same also applies after a restart. A colleague of mine also suffers from this effect on his computer.

At the moment, the Shrew VPN Client Pro may only be run in the trial mode which counts down day by day...

Does anyone have a clue how to further proceed?

Best regards,
Peter