[vpn-help] No network connections in Windows 10 after latest Window update

Christoph Buchmann christoph.buchmann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:28:12 CDT 2018

 Hi,

I wanted to report an issue I was facing:

It seems that after receiving some Windows 10 update (installed on April
4th) I lost all network connections (WiFi, LAN, WAN/LTE), ipconfig did not
show any IP address or useable device.
Uninstalling the Shrew VPN client and rebooting Windows solved the problem
for me, Afterwards I could reinstall the Shrew VPN client.

I'm not sure which Windows update exactely caused the problem, in the
update history KB890830 (Malicious Software Removal Tool)  is mentioned.

However going back to the latest restore point before the update did not
solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Christoph