[Vpn-devel] CheckPoint Hybrid Mode support ?

mgrooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Nov 8 14:23:30 CST 2007

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 19:09:24 +0000, "J. Rios" <jrioslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to connect to a CheckPoint VPN server which uses Hybrid
> RSA Mode. And It's not working. I get a 'INVALID-ID-INFORMATION'
> error. I read in openswan list the id must be FQDN with empty string.
>
> Is there any plan to support CheckPoint Hybrid Mode ?

Juan,

IKE Hybrid mode is supported and works with other vendor gateways.
Supporting the Checkpoint VPN-1 gateways in particular would be a good
thing but I don't have access to one that could be used for development
testing. Interacting with the proprietary Checkpoint policy server is
another story all together :( However, I would be surprised if the client
was unable to at least complete phase1 negotiations.

When you get this error, is the notification being sent from the client to
the gateway or from the gateway to the client?