[Vpn-devel] man issues and description

mgrooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Oct 10 11:07:17 CDT 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:41:57 +0800, "Nicolas Deschildre"
<ndeschildre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Me again on some others (small) buglets ;)

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

> The iked man file complains : "mdoc warning: list open at EOF!  A .Bl
> directive has no matching .El"

I committed a fix for this.

> as well as the iked.conf :
> "mdoc warning: Empty input line #553
> [..]
> mdoc warning: Empty input line #693
> mdoc warning: Empty input line #700"

I added these white spaces at some point to "fix" a formatting issue.
Unfortunately, my man page authoring skills are less than stellar. Not sure
if there is a tag for "Give me a space here" or not. I will try to take a
look at this later today.

> For the package, i have written the following small description:
> "The Shrew Soft VPN Client is a free VPN Client for FreeBSD, NetBSD
> and Linux based operating systems. This product can be used to
> communicate with Open Source VPN servers (e.g. ipsec-tools) as well as
> some commercial VPN servers."
> I might be wrong or not enough precise on some points, feel free to
> modify.

It should mention this is an IPsec VPN Client. It doesn't support PPTP,
L2TP etc ... And I know this is for Ubuntu, but please mention that it is
cross platform and supports windows as well. An administrator may be more
inclined to use the software for remote access if they can support users on
mixed platforms. Everything else looks fine.

> It should be quite short and easily understandable by newbie who only
> know the word "VPN" ;)

Understood.

> Concerning the default configuration for the iked demon, would you use
> the current iked.conf.sample, or make some modifs?

The pcap dump options are really only useful for developers or
troubleshooting and should be commented out by default. I have already
modified the sample config to reflect this in the head branch.