[Vpn-devel] RSA SecurID Questions

Michael Moody michael at gsc.cc
Tue Dec 1 05:47:13 CST 2009

I have implemented RSA SecurID into our infrastructure for two-factor VPN authentication. We are using mostly Juniper products (both ScreenOS and JunOS based). It seems that SecurID is not supported by Shrewsoft, but that using the same settings, it is supported by Netscreen Remote (which I find to be bloated and rarely compatible with the systems I install it on). I much prefer ShrewSoft, and would like to assist in any way I can to help ShrewSoft support SecurID authentication. (Essentially, it is a token code which is sent to the VPN gateway, which then authenticates against a backend, similar to RADIUS). Please let me know how I can help. Also, I'd like to commit a pledge donation for a working ShrewSoft build with SecurID support!

Michael