[vpn-devel] ikea looses Local Identity -> Identification Type when editing properties

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Jun 28 12:39:55 CDT 2010

On 3/22/2010 6:52 PM, Peter Schauer wrote:
> Problem:
> ikea looses
> Authentication ->  Local Identity ->  Identification Type
> when editing properties.
>
> To Reproduce:
> If you import the file below (this is a client file for a Lancom 1711
> with certificates) and then click on Properties, the
> Authentication ->  Local Identity ->  Identification Type
> will be changed from ASN.1 to FQDN.
> If the Properties are then saved, bad things will happen with this
> configuration.
>
> This is caused by site::init calling UpdateAuthentication() with
> auth == AUTH_HYBRID_RSA_XAUTH, so comboBoxLocalIDType gets only
> four entries (without IDTXT_ASN1).
> When site::Load later on calls
>    combobox_setbytext( IDTXT_ASN1, comboBoxLocalIDType );
> combobox_setbytext does not find IDTXT_ASN1 and leaves it at the
> default of IDTXT_FQDN.
>
> Here is patch which fixes the issue, but I am not sure if it is the
> right fix:

> The problem still persists in SVN Head, which has the additional
> problem that the client-dns-suffix is not imported properly,
> as client-dns-suffix-auto is set to 1 (it should be set to 0 for
> backwards compatibility with client-dns-auto:0).

Hi Peter,

It does. Thanks for submitting the problem diagnosis and the patch. I
ended up splitting the updateAuthentication into two functions. One that
populates the possible ID values based on the Authentication types and
left everything else in UpdateAuthentication(). This fixes the issue
when tested against your sample configuration file which was very
helpful. These changes will be rolled into the next beta which should
get released this evening.

Thanks again and sorry for the extremely late reply.

-Matthew