[vpn-devel] Contribution to Linux IKE sources?

Guido Classen clagix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 13:19:20 CDT 2010

Hi Matthew,

> Sounds like a great project. A working ARM port would be very useful.
I am glad to hear that you are interested in a ARM port.

> Hmm. We won't be integrating any patches that move away from CMake. Its
> quite easy to use and will build native make files on all the platforms we
> are interested in.
Okay, I will have a look at CMake and must check if and how it is possible
to use it for cross compiling.

> If you plan to submit patches, please make sure they are against the head
> branch. If you have a look, there are updated versions of the Qt front end
> applications as well as a command line version of ikec. It sounds like you
> rewrote the latter.
Is 2.2.0-alpha-9 the latest head version anymore? It is almost a year old.
I will look in your command line version of ikec. Maybe it's comparable
to my application. Never mind! Writing the command line based
client was a nice exercise to get familar with the ike source code.

> Definitely any changes that are required to work correctly on ARM. We can
> talk about your other changes more, but it sounds like we already have the
> extra functionality you added.
There wasn't much changes on the code itself. The biggest barriers on building
for ARM where the build system (maybe only my lack of understanding of
the concepts behind CMake) and the availability of a GUI-less client
(ideally with no dependencies on Qt)

> Thanks,
>
> -Matthew

I am on vacation for the next two weeks. Afterward I will check if I get
merged my changes with the head version and if possible with CMake.
I will contact you again then or submit a patch if I am happy with the archived
results.

Regards
  Guido