[vpn-devel] Shrew OSX VPN Client and DNS.

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Dec 10 12:43:53 CST 2012

Hi Robert,

I've spent quite a bit of time improving the OSX port lately but still
haven't found a good solution to the DNS issue. Thanks again for your
patch submission. It works well for connections that use the existing
network adapter but it doesn't appear to work with tap adapters at least
on Mountain Lion. The OS attempts to use the DNS servers but it sends
name resolution requests via en0 instead of tap0 which won't work.

In any case, I submitted a question to the Apple network development
mailing list but haven't seen a response yet ...

http://lists.apple.com/archives/macnetworkprog/2012/Dec/msg00006.html

I'll let you know if I make any more progress. If you have any insight
or ideas, I'd love to hear them :)