[vpn-devel] Windows Server 2012 random errors after rebooting

etude at list.ru etude at list.ru
Mon Dec 17 11:08:18 CST 2012

Good day.

In Windows 7 I worked with Cisco VPN Client. It can coexist with
MS "Network Bridge" which joined two LAN cards:
- Internal RTL8168 Gigabit and
- PCI Realtek 8139/813x Family)

After moving from Windows 7 to Windows Server 2012 there are no option
for using Cisco VPN Client as it cannot work with Bridged LAN
connections (very often adapters shows as disconnected randomly).

It's a pity that Shrew VPN Client cannot work well too.
It works right after installation, then I create VPN connection and it
can connect Cisco Server nicely. Then, some minutes later or after
reboot the windows cannot work/load correctly and writes:
"BAD POOL HEADER"
or something like "KERNEL ...."
or something like "IRQ LEVEL"
- so every time the error is random.

The only cure is to remove VPN Shrew client in Safe mode.
After that all works fine.

I've tried reinstall Windows Server 2012 - 3 times.
Tried reinstall different LAN cards.
Tried different distibutives:
- vpn-client-2.2.0-rc-2.exe
- vpn-client-2.2.0-rc-1.exe
- vpn-client-2.2.0-beta-2.exe
- vpn-client-2.1.7-release.exe

Every time the result is the same - random errors right before LOGON
windows in Windows Server 2012. Then percents from 20% to 100%,
then reboot again.

At last i've found "NCP Secure Entry Client" and it works well
But i'd like to help the Shrew VPN - the only free client - to get better!

I can provide any additional logs about Shrew VPN errors
Don't know what kind of information the developers will need?

Russia,
Alexander.