[vpn-help] Updated package and problem reports

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Aug 17 12:35:04 CDT 2006

Peter Eisch wrote:
> On 8/17/06 10:07 AM, "Peter Eisch" <peter at boku.net> wrote:
>
>>> Shouldn't be. Let me know if this problem persists I will look into it
>>> further.
>>>
>> Attached are the client logfile and 'racoon -ddF' when taking the same
>> "working" profile and simply unchecking the fragment checkbox in the client.
>>
>> The client fails to read anything off the network.  The topology in this
>> test is all ethernet.
>>
>> To aid in tracking this down: if you enable the fragment checkbox and set
>> the size to 1500 bytes, it works!
>>

> I didn't state the above right or perhaps with enough enthusiasm.  The
> problem of the bad checksum goes away too.

Peter,

Thanks for identifying this bug. I am working very hard to resolve this
issue at the moment. I think I have all the debug info I need and have
zeroed in on the code in question. Part of the problem was a very minor
flaw that I just fixed in the virtual network driver that was masking
the issue in userland ( dropping the MTU to a point where this bug would
not get triggered ). I will let you know when I have an updated package
that I feel confident will correct the issue.

Thanks again for all your help,