[vpn-help] Command line issues

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Aug 31 13:38:53 CDT 2006

Brian Jones wrote:

  > I just tried your latest 1.1 beta and it has the same result.  It
looks as
> though there is never a call made to the connect button since all I have to
> do is press it to connect and function normal.  It does populate my username
> and password.  Even in a config without a username and password, calling the
> vpn connection from the command line requires you to press the connect
> button before it will work.

Brian,

Thanks for the report. Could you give this one a try please.

r606 | mgrooms | 2006-08-31 11:33:49 +0000 (Thu, 31 Aug 2006) | 1 line

Ditch the separate thread used to load the site configuration parameters
as it is causing sync issues. A separate thread was used because the
name resolution of the site gateway can hang if invalid which blocks the
the user interface message thread. Although annoying, this issue will go
away in 1.2 as the name resolution bits will be pushed down into ipsecd.