[Vpn-help] 1.1.0 observation (bug? Maybe)

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Thu Oct 5 11:15:48 CDT 2006

As soon as I put a config in the wild, things seemed to melt.  I'm not fully
sure of the scenario or how to correctly gather the information to fix it.
The details go like this:

  XP system is on a LAN, full DHCP -- nothing static.
  The vpn is established (NAT-T:both);
  vpn interface is properly populated, routing is correct
  DNS config is properly defined

Every so often, DNS queries will be presented to the LAN interface's DNS.
In most cases, so what.  For internal resources, this can be a killer.

This could have been here all along.  When I do my testing, I spent way more
time hitting resources out on the net than I did with internal
servers/systems.  In the wild 'round these parts the vpn is used primarily
for internal access and if they want to roam the 'net they simply drop the
VPN.

What is the right stuff to collect to help nail this down?  Is there a way
to simply remove the other DNS server entries?

peter