[Vpn-help] MODECFG messages and Linksys router

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 05:46:16 CST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to get this working with a Linksys WAG54GX2 router, which appears to use openswan.  I have configured this to use Mutual PSKs, and the Phase 1 appears to work fine in both aggressive and main modes.  However, the router stops with a message:
"received MODECFG message when in state STATE_AGGR_R2, and we aren't xauth client"

I have not selected XAUTH mode, so I am wondering why the client might be sending such messages, and if I can disable the sending of these messages to allow it to progress into IP Sec SA configuration.

Thanks for any help,

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,