[Vpn-help] 32 bit Feisty install, Vol 11, Issue 5

charles morrison charlie2 at ledgible.com
Fri Aug 31 13:24:03 CDT 2007

/vpn-help-request at lists.shrew.net wrote:
/

/Linux

The following options are recommended when running the cmake
configuration for linux platforms. Please see the OPTIONS section for
more details.

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DQTGUI=YES -DETCDIR=/etc -DNATT=YES

For some reason, the /usr/local prefix exists on Ubuntu and Kubuntu so
the cmake configuration script can't logically determine that installing
to this location would be a bad idea. Why none of the default exec or
library paths don't point here is beyond my comprehension.
/

I used your suggestion above and installed iked in /usr/sbin as I expected. I started iked using cd /usr/sbin and then sudo ./iked with the following result:

*/usr/sbin$ sudo ./iked
!! : unable to open /etc*

permissions on /etc are:

drwxr-xr-x 106 root root  4096 2007-08-31 13:12 etc

Almost have it.

Charlie

--
Charlie Morrison