[Vpn-help] Feisty 32 bit Linux install problems, more

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Aug 31 10:35:37 CDT 2007

charles morrison wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Also found that iked.conf does not exist. On prior e-mails it was
> located in /etc/iked.conf which was actually a copied version of
> ike.conf.sample. Both were previously in the /etc directory. I find
> neither. They are in the source directory.
>
> There must be a compile error of some type.

Matt and Charlie,

Maybe you were unaware but there is a README.TXT file that accompanies
the distribution. It has important platform notes that can help avoid
many issues.

What I fear has happened is that you have installed to the /usr/local
prefix which will be favored over the /usr prefix if both paths exist.
The ike programs and libs that were installed here will need to be
cleaned up. Here is part of the platform notes for Linux which should
help you get back on track :)

Linux

The following options are recommended when running the cmake
configuration for linux platforms. Please see the OPTIONS section for
more details.

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DQTGUI=YES -DETCDIR=/etc -DNATT=YES

For some reason, the /usr/local prefix exists on Ubuntu and Kubuntu so
the cmake configuration script can't logically determine that installing
to this location would be a bad idea. Why none of the default exec or
library paths don't point here is beyond my comprehension.

Please let me know if rebuilding and installing with these options does
not help.

Thanks again,