[Vpn-help] Feisty 32 bit Linux install problems, more

charles morrison charlie2 at ledgible.com
Fri Aug 31 07:34:22 CDT 2007

charles morrison wrote:
> Matt,
>
> I removed the CMakeCache.txt file and reran *cmake*. No problems.
> Then I reran *make*. No problems.
> Then I ran *make install* and got this output:
>
> [  2%] Built target pfk
> [  4%] Built target ike
> [  6%] Built target ith
> [ 26%] Built target ip
> [ 28%] Built target log
> [100%] Built target iked
> Linking CXX executable CMakeFiles/CMakeRelink.dir/iked
> Install the project...
> -- Install configuration: ""
> -- Install configuration: ""
> -- Installing /usr/local/sbin/iked
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> /home/charles/ShrewSoftVPN/source/iked/cmake_install.cmake:30:
> FILE Problem setting permissions on file "/usr/local/sbin/iked"
> Current CMake stack:
> /home/charles/ShrewSoftVPN/cmake_install.cmake;/home/charles/ShrewSoftVPN/source/iked/cmake_install.cmake
>
> make: *** [install] Error 255
>
> Then I ran as *sudo make install *and everything looked ok.
>
> Now I can't locate iked to start daemon.
>
> Charlie Morrison

Matt,

Also found that iked.conf does not exist. On prior e-mails it was
located in /etc/iked.conf which was actually a copied version of
ike.conf.sample. Both were previously in the /etc directory. I find
neither. They are in the source directory.

There must be a compile error of some type.

--
Charlie Morrison
American LED-gible, Inc