[Vpn-help] missing CXX compiler issue

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Aug 31 18:49:03 CDT 2007

Mark Voltz wrote:
> Currently I'm experimenting with an Ubuntu box.  I have mostly a default
> install with some graphics programs/network utilities/etc..

Thanks for trying out the client.

> I noticed that you use "cmake" to build the executables, so I installed
> that with apt-get.
>
> I'm guessing I need to install a C++ compiler (and will do just that),
> but wanted to make you aware that a default Ubuntu distro may not
> compile out of the box.
>
> Here is the output using the recommended cmake flags

I believe you are correct. Ubuntu/Kubuntu do not install a c++ compiler
by default. The is software has been tested on the platform you are
using so you shouldn't have too many troubles. Its difficult to list all
the packages required to build the software for the myriad of different
Linux distributions available. Instead, the README.TXT file just
specifies the dependencies by name and recommends installing the
development versions of each.

So, from the readme file ...

c++ compiler
stock c libs
stock c includes
pthread support

lex or flex
bison >= 2.3
cmake >= 2.4
opsenssl >= 0.9.x

... these are the dependencies required. I believe the list of required
packages that need to be installed to satisfy these dependencies on a
Ubuntu/Kubuntu 7.04 host are ...

cmake
g++
libssl-dev
flex
bison
libqt3-mt
libqt3-mt-dev

Please let me know if you run into any other issues. I am more than
happy to help :)

Thanks again,