[Vpn-help] 2.0.3 release bluescreen

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Dec 6 17:44:41 CST 2007

Mark Voltz wrote:
> I tried to install the newest client on my XP box and it blue-screened.
> The initial reboot blue-screened as well (scary).  The last known good
> config worked on the next reboot.
>
> There was a problem installing the miniport (at least on my box).  I
> tried installing again and got one more BSD, but I was able to reboot
> without issue.  The miniport continually tries to install itself since
> it never finished.
>
> What information can I provide to help troubleshoot?
>
> I'm going to try the previous client to see if it works any better.

Mark,

I believe this issue is now corrected. After modifying the Shrew Soft IM
driver, I ran every conceivable combination of unloading and loading the
Shrew Soft client along side the Cisco VPN client at least a dozen time
without issue. I hope that this change, along with previous improvements
made to the 2.1.0 driver, will put all these cisco driver compatibility
problems behind us :) Here is the relevant change log detail ...

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/changelog.php?prod=vpn&ver=2.1.0-alpha-2

I would greatly appreciate it if you could try the new alpha-2 version
and let me know if the problem is now resolved for you.

Thanks again,