[Vpn-help] route problem and tcp traffic problem

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Dec 9 00:28:50 CST 2007

Rodrigo Ferroni wrote:
> hi,
>
> we are using shrew 2.0.3 (winxp) with ipsec-tools 0.7 (debian).
> the connection appears to establish correctly but we have 2 problems.
>
> after the connection success, we need to create a route manually in the
> client,
> for example route add 10.55.0.0(split_network include) mask 255.255.0.0
> <http://255.255.0.0> 10.66.0.2 <http://10.66.0.2> (network4)
> without this we can't reach the split_network. Is there any way to pass
> a gateway with mode_cfg?

Rodrigo,

Thanks again for submitting the bug report. There wasn't any obvious
problems in the debug output you provided. I can think of two possible
causes for the failed route issue you are seeing.

1) The virtual adapter configuration has not yet settled when we call
the route add function

2) There is a parameter being used in the route add function that gets
rejected on your system

Here is a link to a test build that includes a work-around for the first
possibility. If you have a moment, please give it a try let me know if
it corrects the problem for you. If the problem persists, we can try to
work on better debug output and a solution for the second possibility.

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=2.1.0-routefix-x86