[Vpn-help] Please help test ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Dec 19 16:01:31 CST 2007

All,

I am playing with different ways to knock out some frequently reported
problems. This particular build lowers the MTU of the private adapter
which avoids PMTU and MSS negotiation issues in my testing. If you have
a gateway setup that was modified to use a lower MTU or uses a firewall
to force a lower TCP MSS, *please* help test this build. You will first
need to revert your gateway setting to its normal parameter so we don't
get false positive feedback. After that, just connect as usual and let
me know how if everything works as expected.

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=2.1.0-mtufix-a64
http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=2.1.0-mtufix-x86

If this change proves to be beneficial, I will introduce a mechanism for
tuning the virtual adapter MTU setting. This test build hard codes it to
1380 bytes.

Thanks in advance,