[Vpn-help] Juniper SSG Commercial IPsec Gateway

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Dec 13 02:49:38 CST 2007

Stefan Bauer wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> starting with 2.1.0 alpha 3 nat-t is activated!. unfortunately i cant view any log in the shrewsoft vpn trace. As far as i see, the connection gets established but something cause a Failed - 2 in the status windows .

Good news about the nat-t at least. Hmmm, I just tested the trace
facility and it seems to be working fine for me. When running vpn trace,
did you use the options menu to set the log level to debug and restart
the ike service? This is necessary to see anything besides the startup
logo. If you can get this output to me, I will do what I can to correct
the issue you are seeing.

> as a mad side effect, this alpha release break name lookups on my system.
> if i move back to 2.0.3 everything works fine expect nat-t.

Odd. In any case, I am re-writing the dns transparent proxy daemon to be
more robust. For the time being, does disabling split dns support help?