[Vpn-help] vpn disconnection after several seconds or minutes

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Nov 4 12:17:37 CST 2007

Mark Voltz wrote:
> Ubuntu 7.10 looks like its going to work.
>
> Had to compile openldap from openldap.org <http://openldap.org> rather
> than from the package manager, which doesn't have it... (maybe it never did)
>
> vpn connects, then disconnects after a few seconds or minutes.
>
> I set log level to debug and get this type of output from iked.log
>
> !! : invalid hash size ( 5780 != 16 )
> XX : warning, unprocessed payload data !!!
> !! : invalid hash size ( 5780 != 16 )
> XX : warning, unprocessed payload data !!!
> !! : phase1 sa dpd timeout
> !! : e7229a8a645f3519:f7666b949ee7550a
>
> is dpd "dead peer detection"?  is this something i can fix in a config
> script?

Mark,

You are correct sir, DPD means dead peer detection :) Are you sure you
are running the latest version of iked? I did a lot of cleanup for that
feature right before the 2.0.2 release. Could you please send me the log
file with debug level output in a private email? I will look into it
again and see if I can identify the problem or at least provide some
better settings to customize DPD parameters.

Thanks again for the bug report,